Here is a great Christmas favor I’ve seen online and pinned to my Pinterest awhile back. Click on the picture for a larger view. Its great as you can fill it with treats, small presents or small toys. Would look amazing at place settings on the table. Also perfect for teacher gifts, student gifts or co-workers. You can also write on the back or bottom so it doubles as a card. It mainly uses the Petal Cone Bigz Die for the Big Shot Machine and a variety of Paper Punches and Card Stock. Here’s a list of items I used to make it with directions How To Do It Yourself following.
Stampin’ Up! Products:
- Petal Cone Bigz L Die # 121810
- Cherry Cobbler Card Stock # 119685
- Whisper White Card Stock # 100730
- Basic Black Card Stock # 121045
- Pink Pirouette Card Stock # 111351
- Silver Glimmer Paper # 124005
- Large Oval Punch # 119855
- Scallop Oval Punch # 119856
- 1/2″ Circle Punch # 119869
- Itty Bitty Punch Pack (Circle only) # 118309
- 3/4″ Circle Punch # 119873
- 1-3/4″ Scallop Circle Punch # 119854
- uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen # 105021
- Snowburst Embossing Folder (retired)
How to Do It Yourself Petal Cone Santa
- Run the Petal Cone Die through the Big Shot twice in red (Cherry Cobbler). Build your petal cone.
- For the beard – Run White Card Stock through with Petal Cone Die and then texture emboss with whichever Embossing Folder you wish. I used the Snowburst which is retired but one of my favorites. Then just cut the triangles out along the scored lines. You will have 2 beards from this. Measuring from the fattest end cut 2″ off. Glue using Tombow to bottom of red Petal Cone.
- Punch Large Oval in Pink Pirouette for the Face.
- Using just the top of the Scallop Oval Punch on the Glimmer Paper so there’s a scalloped curve. Then punch just the top half of the Scallop Circle Punch out of the glimmer paper keeping the scalloped curve at the bottom. This is the trim of the hat. Glue onto pink oval.
- Punch half of a Large Oval in Whisper White. Snip a triangle on the bottom center and this is the mustache.
- Punch 3 Basic Black circles using Itty Bitty Punch Pack Circle. 2 are the eyes and 1 glues behind the snipped triangle of the mustache to be the mouth.
- Punch a red circle for the nose using 1/2″ Circle Punch. Glue onto mustache.
- Glue eyes on pink oval under hat trim. Glue mustache with mouth & nose on pink oval.
- Glue face to Red Petal Cone.
- Punch 3/4″ Circle in Glimmer Paper and glue to top of Petal Cone Santa for the pom-pom.
- Use White Gel Pen on eyes and nose.
You can modify your circles to what sizes you have. I hope this makes sense. :) Enjoy and have a Glittery Day!